There's good news for Raleigh residents craving fair favorites this Labor Day weekend.
The North Carolina State Fair will be hosting Drive-Thru Fair Foods Days Friday through Monday as an alternative to this year's canceled state fair, the North Carolina Department of Agriculture announced Thursday. Residents can purchase food between 12:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Only cash will be accepted. Items sold at the drive-thru include the following:
- Smoked Turkey Legs: $13
- Roasted Corn: $5
- Hand-Dipped Corn Dogs: $5
- Hand-Cut French Fries: $4
- Nathan's All-Beef Hot Dogs w/toppings: $4
- Gyros (Lamb/Beef): $10
- Chicken Pita: $10
- Greek Salad: $8 (add meat for an additional $4)
- Shish-K-Bobs (Pork): $8
- K-Bob Pita (Pork): $10
- Cotton Candy: $5
- Candy Apples (Red): $5
- Funnel Cake: $6
- Deep Fried Snickers: $5
- Deep Fried Oreos: $5
- Tropical Delights Frozen Fruit Smoothies(Strawberry/Pina Colada/Peach) Cup: $5 or Pineapple: $10
- Tropical Delights Dole Whip (Pineapple/Raspberry/Swirl) Cup: $5 or Float: $7
- Gourmet Edible Cookie Dough(Chocolate Chip or Cake Batter) Cup: $5 or Quart: $15
- Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade: $4
- Botled Water: $2
- Coke Products Small: $3 or Large: $5
The 2020 North Carolina State Fair was canceled in July due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. State Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler said the department surveyed fair-goers from prior years to see if they planned on attending this year's event during the pandemic, with only a third surveyed saying they'd attend.
“The State Fair is a tradition we all look forward to each year. It’s a vital economic engine for local non-profits, community groups, small businesses and individuals. It’s a time for family and friends to come together to celebrate everything that makes North Carolina such a great place to live. We waited as long as we could, hoping the numbers would take a turn and we’d be able to continue with our planning, but each day brought more challenges than solutions," Troxler said during a press conference in July via WRAL.com.
Photo: Getty Images